This week I made contact with Viki Davis in the USA who runs a blog called Cool Cat Teacher and asked her some questions about the use of ICT in classroom practice and how to connect to other student teachers via their blogs?
Viki has provided me with some very useful information and direction, which I shall share as I go through her suggestions. Also I should state that I'm focusing on Primary (which in Queensland is grades 1-7)
In the mean time, I would love any other responses to these questions:
- Do you know of any other student teacher blogs?
- How do you use ICT in your daily classroom practice?
- If your school does not have compute facilities or has to share these with other classes, how do you manage this?
- One of my prac schools does not have computer facilities which is very sad for those students - how can you still incorporate learning through ICT if your school does not have the funds for such resources? Can one personal laptop stretch for 24 children?
- I've had some interesting discussions with my fellow students and some either don't believe in the use of ICT in the classroom or have very little knowledge of it - how will this impact on their teaching in the future? Will they still be able to related to their students if they don't understand the importance of technology in these students lives?